WELCOME TO BUTTERCUP CLASS!
Teacher: Mrs Myra Harris
Senior Teaching Assistant: Mrs Angharad Farley
Teaching Assistant: Miss Sadiya Kuddus
We have had such a busy and happy Summer term so far focussing on our theme of "Number Rhumba". We have counted lots of different objects as well as counting actions in games. Music and song are still a key part of our learning and the children are learning not only to join in with more actions but also to add their words and play their musical instruments with more precision. Particularly as these are the youngest children in the school family, we continue to promote the importance of learning through play experiences both indoors and in our wonderful outdoor area, extending their gross and fine motor skills and learning to play and share resources together with classmates.
In the Spring term we also covered lots of areas under our Context for Learning, Spring to Life including:
- Spring celebrations of St David’s Day, St Patrick’s Day, Mother’s Day and Easter
- Developing rhythmic awareness
- Being creative making cards for celebrations
- Learning about 2D shapes and shopping
- Sensory development in the sensory room, sensory circuit and through planned experiences including Senseology sessions
- Fine motor development through planned experiences
- Continuing to embed routines, PECs, toilet training and healthy practices
- Singing lots of songs, developing language and shared attention - and smiles!
We are very lucky in Buttercup class to have a lovely big classroom with a brand new outdoor area for us to investigate. Every day we learned to explore all the areas in our classroom including our role play, reading corner, sensory area, small world, sand and water activities. We also made a great start at learning to follow routines, develop our independence and communication skills through all areas of learning and experience.
In the Autumn term we looked at the topic 'All About Me' and had lots of fun looking at ourselves, the parts of our bodies and our faces. We explored lots of activities using our senses and looked at how we move our bodies in the classroom and outdoors.
We considered how the weather and plants have changed with the seasons as Summer changed to Autumn and then to Winter. We looked at Autumn leaves and pumpkins and learn about Bonfire Night and fireworks.
Nearer Christmas we were busy making crafts including party hats, decorations and getting very messy with glitter!