Welcome to Dosbarth Oren!
Croeso i Dosbarth Oren!
Our teacher is Ms. James. Our teaching assistant is Miss. Rees.
Sensei Rob joins us on a Thursday for karate. Jenny from the library joins us on a Friday.
Have a look around our class room.
Let There Be Light
Below is a taste of some of the work we will be covering in each curriculum area:
Language Literacy & Communication
- Reading books such as Peace At Last, Quiet Night In, Owl Babies and Stellaluna.
- Visiting Techniquest.
- Writing Autumn/Harvest poems.
- Sharing our news with friends during circle time.
- Playing games about night and day creatures and owl babies.
- Learning about day and night through telling the time.
- Investigating 2D and 3D shapes and creating models.
- Recording day and night creatures and creating charts for our favourite creatures.
Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Investigating ( non electrical) sources of light.
- Learning about the cycle of the moon and sun.
- Investigating shadows.
- Gaining knowledge of firework safety through learning about Guy Fawkes.
- Singing songs relating to light such as 'Walking On The Moon' by The Police and 'Here Comes The Sun' by The Beatles.
- Learning about light and dark through studying the artwork of Augustus John.
- Making pinhole cameras and shadow puppets.
- Learning dances from the 1960s such as the Jive and the Twist.
- Karate lessons with Sensei Rob.
- Building specific models with Knexx and Lego.
Personal and Social Development
- Learning about Christianity, particularly Harvest, Advent and Christmas.
- Talking about our feelings.
- Talking and listening to our friends.
- Playing and working with others independently.
Have a look around our classroom.